Sex Still Spoken Here is not just a steamy, eclectic mix of hot stories, it’s also an inspiring call to action, staking another fierce claim on importance of voicing the erotic. The Erotic Reading Circle—held monthly since 2006 at San Francisco’s Center for Sex & Culture—is a community where writers put words to our complex desires and longings, and in which our erotic stories are celebrated and honored, not dismissed. This collection is culled from that Circle, representing the many writers who’ve dared to wrestle with the erotic muse.
- Sexy, skillfully-crafted stories from 27 Erotic Reading Circle participants.
- A wide-ranging conversation with the editors about the history of the Erotic Reading Circle and the importance of sex-positive writing spaces for both new and developed erotic writers.
- Plus a how-to guide so you can start your own Erotic Reading Circle!
- Contributors include Sinclair Sexsmith, Horehound Stillpoint, seeley quest, Simone Corday, Jeff Jacobson, Avery Cassell, Dorothy Freed, Scott Bentley, Joy West, Anaín Bjorkquist, Christine Solano, Lilycat, Jack Fritscher, Norman Armstrong, Holly Zwalf and more!
- Including stories from each of the editors: Carol Queen, PhD (Erotic Reading Circle
- co-facilitator and founder of the Center for Sex & Culture in San Francisco), Jen Cross (Erotic Reading Circle co-facilitator and founder of Writing Ourselves Whole in Oakland) and Amy Butcher (Erotic Reading Circle participant and author of Paws for Consideration).
And we’re not the only ones who think this book is special. Sex Still Spoken Here just won a Gold Medal IPPY Award (Erotica) and is a finalist for the Foreword Reviews’ INDIEFAB Book of the Year Awards (Anthologies).